The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools based upon the number of parents/carers who claim Free School Meals for their child/children.
To ensure that the school receives as much additional funding as possible and children, parents and carers benefit, all parents/carers who may be eligible should complete the ‘Application for Free School Meals’ which can be downloaded and then return it, confidentially to the school reception .
Some of the things below are funded by the PPG grant:
- Additional 1 to 1 support for children needing additional support
- Additional group work for children needing additional support
- Additional time for staff to meet with parents to complete Individual Education Plans
- Additional resources to ensure children of all abilities are challenged.
- Additional support staff for lessons, break and lunchtime
- Reading Café (Wells Primary and Nursery)